New Stobart Jet Centre for London region outstrips competitors on price, speed and convenience
Official unveiling of major new executive jet Fixed Base Operator (FBO) at London Southend Airport
FBO offers unique service -
Stobart Aviation, part of the Stobart Group, has officially launched a major new executive jet fixed based operator (FBO) at London Southend Airport, outstripping competitors on price, speed and convenience in the south east region. The new “Stobart Jet Centre”, is also expected to deliver a major boost to the capacity available for private flights into London, Europe’s busiest city for private aviation. The centre is expected to cater for 5,000 flights per year by 2022.
Last night (18 January 2018) senior management hosted a launch party at the new terminal with 100 VIP industry guests who were given an exclusive tour of the facilities. The Stobart Jet Centre will offer customers:
▪ The centre will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 364 days a year. Only one of the five other private jet centres in the capital -
▪ London Southend Airport is only 42 miles from the heart of London’s West End with excellent road, rail and helicopter links to the city
▪ Car services can drive right up to the plane. Chauffeur transfers are less than an hour by road to Central London and only 30 minutes to the M25, the London orbital motorway
▪ Six trains per hour in to the centre of London within 45 minutes from a dedicated rail station
▪ There are helicopter transfers to and from Canary Wharf or Battersea Heliport. Passengers can reach central London in 10 minutes from London Southend
▪ With no slot restrictions, London Southend Airport can offer faster departure routes outside of London airspace, reducing flight times
▪ The centre offers onsite immigration and customs, with pre-
▪ The centre offers a VIP lounge with complimentary catering, refreshments and business services
▪ Friendly and professional team to escort passengers to and from the aircraft
▪ Full range of facilities for all aircraft needs
▪ Private crew lounge with complimentary refreshments, TV and computer facilities
▪ By far the most competitive landing, parking and handling prices in the London area
The jet centre is another development at London’s growing Southend Airport which was ranked in 2017, the Capital’s best airport for the fifth year in a row.
Stephen Grimes, Managing Director, Stobart Jet Centre Limited, says “Always at the heart of our thinking for this new private terminal has been to provide our customers with the utmost convenience, speed and comfort. We will be also offering the most competitive prices in the London business and private aviation market. The Stobart Jet Centre will give guests and pilots a smooth, premium experience because we can provide 24-
“You can land or take off at any time, day or night, returning from business or leisure from any city around the world, with direct access to your aircraft from the terminal. We are absolutely confident that Stobart Jet Centre provides a unique environment and a refreshing, hassle-
Further details of the Stobart Jet Centre can be found at www.stobartjetcentre.com
Stephen Grimes is available to speak to the media. Please call +44(0)7591 201500 or email: email@example.com
All other press enquiries please call:
Guy Smith or Jose Mendez
Tel: +44(0)207 382 4747
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
London Southend Airport seeks permission to extend its terminal building (9/10/17)
The airport has submitted an application to Rochford District Council for permission to extend its terminal building. This will offer greatly improved facilities for passengers and enable it to meet new aviation regulations. The multi-
An extension to the southern end of terminal building housing new baggage sortation and screening systems. This will enable new equipment to be installed, ensuring London Southend Airport meets the forthcoming European Hold Baggage Security Screening Standard, which comes into force on 1 September 2018.
An extension to the northern end of the terminal improving baggage reclaim facilities. The existing arrivals baggage area will be replaced with a new spacious area offering vastly improved and more flexible reclaim facilities for customers arriving at London Southend Airport.
Both extensions are single storey and have been sensitively designed in keeping with the existing terminal building.
If planning permission is granted, then construction is expected to start in early 2018. This will allow both sections to be open before the summer peak, minimising any passenger disruption, and ensuring the Departures baggage sortation and screening system is fully operational ahead of the September deadline.
New BOURGEE Dining
Toast your well-
Bourgee offers a premium dining experience that is accessible to all. They source produce from prestigious suppliers, whilst the in-