Talk to us: 0786 342 7294 or E-mail
Make a point of visiting us weekly!
Quiz Pages - to gently stretch the mind
Quiz No. 14 Science, Technology & Nature Quiz
All aspect of science and the world in which we live
To see answers CLICK HERE (after you’ve done the quiz!)
1. Which land mammal has the largest ears?
2. Which part of the human body has both as crown and a root?
3. In a car what might be disc or drum?
4. What type of transport has rubber skirts?
5. What is NaCl?
6. Where will you find the left and right ventricle?
7. What are the front cutting teeth called?
8. What is 3.14159 better known as?
9. Who discovered penicillin?
10. What is the proper name for ‘movement energy’?
11. What metal is represented by Cu?
12. What rhyming character was arachnaphobic?
13. What is the fastest land animal?
14. Who transmitted the first telephone message?
15. What passenger jet had a drop nose?
16. What is unusual about the Harrier fighter jet?
17. What number can’t be represented by a Roman numeral?
18. What’s the world’s most common compound?
19. What metal is Pb?
20. What does a horologist measure?
21. What caused 20 million deaths in 1918?
22. What gas is used in party balloons?
23. What is the international radio code word for the letter M?
24. What is the nearest galaxy to our own?
25. What is defined as ‘the quantity of matter that an object contains’?
26. What has to be exceeded to make a sonic boom?
27. What are the only two numbers that will divide into 13 evenly?
28. What are the seven standard colours of the rainbow?
29. How many sheets of paper are there in a ream?
30. Which is the odd one out? Larynx. Bronchi, trachea, spleen, lungs?
31. In what type of house are hops dried in?
32. What’s the chemical symbol for iron?
33. What two opposites does the earth have?
34. What mammal lives the longest?
35. What is minus 273.15 degrees Celsius otherwise known as?
36. What is defined as ‘the speed and direction of a moving body’?
37. Which is the most abundant element in our universe?
38. What is the process name that leaves use to change carbon dioxide into oxygen?
39. What are scapulars, coverts, and alula part of?
40. What are femur, tibia, and fibular?