1. What is the Beaufort Scale?
2. What is a truffle?
3. What causes the bubbles in champagne?
4. In computer usage what does DTP stand for?
5. What metal is used in thermometers?
6. Of what are your dermis and epidermis part?
7. What is the largest of our sun’s planets?
8. In clothing labels what does a circle inside a square represent?
9. What word describes a body in freefall in space?
10. What does the Kelvin scale measure?
11. On a weather map, which suggests good weather, a ‘high’ or a low’?
12. What do arteries carry?
13. What does an anemometer measure?
14. How many queen bees reign in a hive?
15. What animal is used to seek out truffles?
16. Where would you find the ozone layer?
17. What message is dot dot dot, dash dash dash, dot dot dot?
18. What is the cube root of 64?
19. For what would you use a Sextant?
20. How long does it take light to reach the earth from the sun?
21. What alloy do copper and tin form?
22. What is the world’s largest and heaviest mammal?
23. What percentage of the earth’s surface is covered by water?
24. What molecule did Crick & Watson unravel in 1944?
25. What is the common name for Japanese miniature trees?
26. What was the first man-made satellite put into orbit?
27. Of what is the cerebellum part?
28. What i s the radio code word for N?
29. What is the difference between a confluence and a tributary?
30. What is the difference between a stalactite and a stalagmite?
31. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon are usually considered to be one of seven what?
32. Where might you see isobars and what are they?
33. What is a jet-stream?
34. What is a dactylogram?
35. If sheep are feline, what are cows?
36. Where would you find Mercator’s Projection?
37. What two colours do a colour blind person have trouble seeing?
38. If you order a Mocha, what two flavours do you get?
39. What is quicksilver?
40. What is the brightest planet seen from earth?