Talk to us here at Rochford Life : 0786 342 7294 or E-mail us. For other numbers see individual pages.
Make a point of visiting us weekly! Tell a friend about us.
Rochford District Neighbourhood Watch
Further Neighbourhood Watch information.
(Return to Neighbourhood Watch Front Page)
Received from NW January 2013
Essex Police has signed up to Action Fraud, the UK's national fraud reporting centre which will act as a central point of contact for all information about fraud and financially-motivated internet crime. In most cases reports in relation to offences of fraud should be reported to Action Fraud rather than the local police, naturally if the victim is vulnerable, or the offender is present or known then the local police should still be called. Action Fraud can be contacted by dialling 0300 123 2040 or via the internet at www.actionfraud.police.uk .
A few simple bits of advice:
· Above all, the only time you should give out any personal credit/debit card information is when you yourself initiated the purchase or transaction.
· Regularly check your bank and credit card statements.
· If you have a query ring your bank etc with the telephone number you have not that given to you by a caller.
· If it seems too good to be true it probably is.
· You get nought for nought.
Can we find your house?
Not just the police but any emergency service and other legitimate callers have great difficulty finding houses when the house name or number is either missing or hard see. Invest in clear signage for your house name or number, it will assist in deliveries to your home, and in the more extreme cases could even save a life.
Crime Reduction Officer
Southend Borough Area